Saturday, April 14, 2007

3 more weeks and i'm in





my second degree is nearly conferred.

this has been an incredibly long road.

i am proud of my accomplishment and effort, and ashamed of my debt load, which is becoming severely unmanageable.

it all began with returning to school to finish my english degree. i had to buy a car. tuition. books. then this year, another year of school, another round of tuition, for which i still owe $800. i could seriously almost weep thinking about the conglomeration of owe-ance. i just punched myself in the head, actually, out of rage. which was stupid. ah, regret, how late you always come.



i have a new agent, actually, my first real agent, as my other agent didn't bring me into the fold fully, he had me "hip-pocketed", as they say. This means that I'm not truly in his stable, but he'd cut a deal for me if i found one, which he did.

this new agent means that she is attacking the market with my name in hand, with my scripts in hand. this is good news. i am about to die under my debt load. if something doesn't happen for me very soon, I fear the consequences.

it's so hard to focus when you're stressed.

that's it.
that's all.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

That picture looks painful (so not a comedy then). Hey man, hang in there, it'll break. I'm shopping a new spec myself, still firmly hip pocketed (and yeah, it's frustrating). So far the feedback's been good, so we'll see.
Of course the flipside of debt is the more you owe, the more money they'll give you.

Anonymous said...

When you feel the urge to punch yourself go for the thigh... It hurts almost as bad as punching yourself in the head, but without the potential of wasting everything you just invested in. Student debt is investment... not cost! It sucks, it makes you do things like buy economy packs of chicken legs and think Screech is a delicious alcoholic beverage. But it's something you generate to allow yourself to bring in greater income and add greater value. I commend you for deciding to go back to school and for finishing what you started. Nice work F.

-- Pruss

FC said...

i am humbled by the wellspring of goodness that has sprung up in this old watering hole sans water.

i commend you both for making the world (or at least mine) a better place.

i hope you are both well.

Anonymous said...

where have i been?
back to school? a teacher to little people? (not dwarves)
suffering through debit and chicken drumsticks at our age?
fergus iam impressed and proud of you, my son is five years old all-ready and I wish that you were going to be his teacher,
I cant think of anyone i would want more to become a teacher,
congrats and keep up the egg-hunt
later
joel h

FC said...

where the F did you come from joel!?!?!? leave a contact info, or a facebook, or myspace, or however else you communication with other members of the species.