Friday, May 05, 2006

got some love

(this photo borrowed from http://www.flickr.com/photos/justbadpot/)



"the links" is an offshoot blog of SLAM magazine. I read 'the links' religiously throughout the year. it's a joy for basketball fans everywhere. Louis did the logo at the top. I wrote and got my 'letter' published. always fun to rant on a bigger forum than my blog could ever hope to have.

if you scroll down on the site, you'll see "fergus from the t-dot writes". I didn't say that i was from 'the t-dot'. i said toronto. but hip hop is big on the manipulation and amputation of the language, so you get 't.dot'.

http://slamonline.com/links/05012006/index2.html

not much to report.

have set a soft date of June 9th as my quitting day. not sure if it'll stick. they may move to make me permanent, which i may not want. it could mean a lower salary and longer hours, or just longer hours. it would mean a bonus though, which i won't be getting this month, like all the others. generally, the bonus is in the '000's. as i said before, the year end bonus for the editors was $7500... i am not a permanent worker, so i, despite working here, don't get the bonus. these types of intentional oversights are not 'oversighted' by me. they make the cleaving easier.

i've been depressed of late. perhaps evidenced in some of my posts. my job is okay, but going to bed early, without my gal, without talking on the phone to my friends, without being able to play basketball until 10, having to cut short my tuesday and thursday runs at 9, and being exhausted all day, every day, is taking a weird toll.

i am emotionally numb. it's like trying to see through a fog, i have trouble thinking clearly. it affects everything i do. for the worse. except rant and rave and rail. i'd prefer to love and cheer and cherish.

what makes me happy is thinking of the end. it has sustained me all week.

look for a webpage coming soon that will be designed to generate revenue for me. i've got an idea. we'll see.

No comments: