Monday, April 17, 2006

start small


imagine if our streets were covered in this (click it, it's a collection of various japanese manhole covers, of which the above picture is a part).

the world would, however incrementally, be a better place. because attention to detail shows care, and care is a form of love, and love is brilliant and inspiring and a fountain from which springs life itself.

perhaps i'm being simply an aesthete, but aesthetics has a place, a large place, in the world i want to see, shape, restore, and create (all in one day, yes, i'm a bit busy now, but i'll squeeze it in between basketball and potato chip eating)

eating... hmmm... that reminds me of my sunday afternoon: Doc, an older doctor that we play ball with, nudged me and said i was putting on a few 'ounces'... ever the gentleman. I told him i converted to metric ages ago, and preferred milligrams as a measurement of the progression of the 'more ferg' movement that is currently very big at companies such as Mars, and Lays.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

reasons why I love my bike -

1. It's like walking but better. Once you start to ride your bike a lot, walking seems like a lot of work.

2. It's a time machine. It took me 10 minutes door-to-door this morning...that might not sound amazing unless you know that I live at College/Bathurst and I work on Alpha Centauri~!


H

Zack Cooper said...

You see that manhole that said "Kobe"?

Yes, yes you did.